Style defines life............

Style defines life............

Vinway

a welcome message...... ok: never wear what everyone tells you to, wear what ever offends conformists, go for vintage, steal from the runway, couturiers will forget about La Croix by next season, fashion is clothing with 'style' critiqued by conformists and there will never be another like Lee McQueen 1969-2010.

Monday 23 November 2009

PLACEMENT POUT

Placement Pout

Here we go guys Instalment 1 of placement pout. Ok so as everybody knows from my Facebook and Twitter, I work on the website for Flannels Fashion so, rather than writing a logo book for this, documenting it is much more fun and of benefit to you guys to get a true insight in to the industry, I’m having an absolute blast on my placement, learning things I certainly couldn’t in a lecture theatre, as well as growing in confidence of my abilities. So here we go guys and don’t forget to keep checking in for the daily updates directly from the industry!

16.11.09

9.00 am Claire Arrives at Flannels Head Office!

Ok so today, I’m in photography with our photographer Laura, (amazing talent that she is) she has agreed to let me have a go at shooting the web images today, eek I hope this goes well.

Usually I’m kempt the with dyer responsibility of making everything all nice, by steaming, booking in and making the mannequins look fabulous, suiting me fine, but looks like Laura has different idea’s today.

12.00 pm: So im taught how to use the camera- (and I can’t for the life of me stop taking my finger off the button when trying to focus the bloody thing!!), and learning how the make the light my friend. It’s difficult to pick up a new skill that seems really alien to you at first, but it’s a fantastic skill that will always look amazing on a CV! + I will always know now how to make myself look fab in pics lol.

To go along with this I have been entrusted with the descriptions of all the items on the website, this I must say had to be one of my favourite jobs, I always get to try on and handle all the pretty designer clothes: Loving the handbags btw- See by Chloe totes are the devil in disguise, they just make you want to buy them! http://ow.ly/Ez1e

3.00pm Finally have the hang of this hover and click thing!

5.00 pm Claire leave the office all exhausted and is homeward bound to blog to you kiddies.!

The point I like to make about a placement is that there is just so much you wouldn’t experience at Uni/Collage, hopefully this will give you guys a little insight into what employers are looking for!

Check back next week for the instalment 2 where you see what its really like to write a blog!

Chic you all later x

No comments:

Post a Comment